Saturday, May 14, 2011

Billboard Magazine: A Big Pile of Poo...

For some unknown reason, I received a copy of the Billboard Music Awards magazine yesterday, in which it hypes their "award" show later this month.

Seriously??  Why was this sent to me?  I didn't order it, have never looked at it, never gone to their website...Is this some new marketing gimmick to try and get me to watch their stupid "award" show?

If so, they certainly could have spent their money better elsewhere...what list did they draw my name and address from that would put me as a target member of their audience?

The picture to the right is not the one of the issue I was sent (god I hope I don't somehow have a subscription to this thing...) but it might as well be.  As far as I can tell Billboard isn't a magazine as much as it is a way to blow smoke up the skirts of the "it" music artists of the moment, no matter how untalented they may be.

Let's see...my issue's cover and articles within feature Beyonce, Rihanna, Eminem, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber......Ummm this is what is "topping the Billboard Charts" right now?  Just another example of the genetic reversal of talent, thought and competition in our modern society.

I hesitate even throwing the magazine into my recycle bin for fear that it's reprocessed fibers will contribute the the printing of yet another issue of this crap.  I think instead I'll just burn it in my backyard firepit...

No comments: