Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Amazon's Cloud Player and Drive....

I always thought there was something lacking from iTunes and the like.

Can't really put my finger on it.  Maybe it was the lack of packaging, or the fact that once on my computer I'd then have to update my device to move the music over there.  Or maybe it was the fact that every few months a new "player" would come out (Hey, look, its the 12th generation iPod!!) and require me to start the transfer, update process again.

I dunno, maybe that's it, maybe its not.  All I know is that I'm hooked much more quickly to this new product.  The Amazon Cloud Player and Cloud Drive.  Not confined to any one device, anywhere you can get the Internet you can get your music.  Especially handy for me at work.  It stores all you music in the "cloud" and not in any one place that could be deemed as inaccessible from another.  Anywhere I go, I'll have access to my music (though you can use the system to store photos, files and more as well).

And if I need to download the music to a device or to a computer to burn to a CD if I wish?  Its all right there.  I don't know if this is the best solution (it doesn't play nice with some Apple applications for various reasons) but right now, I'm loving it as its cheap and works REALLY simply providing an elegant solution to an ugly problem.
First impressions of Cloud Player by Amazon from Mashable...

No comments: