Saturday, November 7, 2009

And So the Die is Cast...

A few years ago I was bitten by the off-road motorsports bug. Desert, Rally, etc. The idea of creating my own race capable (not winning) vehicle has dogged my brain ever since and now the process is beginning...

I am leaving at 2AM tomorrow to make the trip down and back to Oak Ridge, TN to pick up the only new '09 Frontier XE in white within 1000 miles of me. I have appreciated all the feedback and input I have received thus far from the numerous boards I have posed questions on and have taken it all to heart. I still feel that the 4cyl engine (despite some of its initial oil consumption issues—now seemingly solved with a small redesign) is the most appropriate for what I am looking to do. I hope that even if you disagree with my choice of base platform off of which to work that you will continue to voice your opinion on where and how this project develops. I want to leave the process as open and transparent as possible. I will be continuing to provide updates on the usual boards, to individuals directly and via this website.
See you all when I get back! Daniel Spalinger (soon to be '09 Frontier XE owner)

No comments: