Monday, October 10, 2011

Not Done Yet!!

And here I was thinking my 2011 stage rally racing season would be a single event in which I began gaining experience and working out any changes that needed to be made.

Not so.

NISMO Stuff Racing has officially entered and will contest the International Rally New York coming up on the weekend of 10/22 and 10/23 in Narrowsburg, NY (out on the PA state line).  I just couldn't stay away until next spring!

This event will be co-driven by Michael Beliveau and will again be some 100 miles in length and contain some night time stage racing.  Occurring on a Saturday and Sunday it will be more compressed in schedule but will also require less time away from work.

From looking at videos of the stages it looks to be a smoother race with no imposing jumps to speak of (that I saw in the minutes of video I reviewed) but it looks to be much dustier.

Some changes to the race truck include an extra impact wrench, a lighter vehicle jack, load range E (vs. C) tires on the front, a map light for the co-pilot and a host of other smaller items to make the effort more efficient in its efforts.

Again I will be partnering up with Anthony Burden and his VW Jetta effort to share some costs and workers.  If anyone plans on going and wants to help out as part of our crew, please let me know.  If you're just going to the race, make sure to stop by and say hello!

No comments: