Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Giant Dinosaur Fish Caught in Mississippi!!

I love stories like this.

It makes me feel like all is right with the world and that there are still deep and dark, unknown places left to be explored.

I truly get depressed when it appears that nearly every foot of land has been trod and every fathom plumbed.  I know there are huge issues yet to be resolved: reconciling quantum theory with general relativity, etc., but those are such advanced, esoteric items that it is something tangible like this that I truly get excited about.

A Mississippi man caught this record breaking, 327 pound, 8+ foot Alligator Gar in a lake this past week.  A relatively primitive fish, the Alligator Gar can survive outside water for a couple hours, has been known to attack man with its dual rows of sharp teeth and is the largest freshwater fish in North America.

Just don't put me in a pond with it!

Mississippi man catches record Alligator Gar...

No comments: