Tuesday, January 8, 2013

NISMO Stuff Racing 2013 Schedule

We're a week into 2013 and to be honest this schedule has been in the works for a bit as I go over the mileage, entry fees, dates, locations, etc.

In 2012 I personally entered four events--Sandblast, Hyperfest, Rally West Virginia and Black River Stages.  I had intended on entering Charlevoix as well but given the late season dip in the pond for the race truck I decided against it.  The NISMO Stuff race truck also entered and finished the New England Forest Rally with Jamie Beliveau as well.

My plan for 2013 includes only a single repeat event of those I have run before--Black River Stages as I feel I want payback for this year on those roads and it is still one of the closest rallies to me.  I have added three Quebec Rally Series events to my schedule for a number of reasons--entry fee costs, close proximity and scheduling (all are on a Saturday and are one day events limiting my time away from home and work).

I will genuinely miss both Sandblast and Rally West Virginia this year as they are fantastic events with Sandblast being my favorite event that I've run so far due to the very different surface it takes place on.  Hopefully in addition to the below events the NISMO Stuff Racing Frontier will also make it out to a hillclimb or two and/or a rallycross event or so.  NEFR would be nice to run as well but is quite expensive.  The below is what I consider to be my baseline and not the "limit" of what I will look to do in '13.  As always I would be glad to have along anyone looking for a good time, low pressure racing and a cool adventure.  Oh, and if you've got a vehicle that can tow and/or a trailer that would be icing on the cake!  Just make sure to have your passport this year!  Based on this schedule we should get in some 450 stage racing miles which is more than what we did in 2012 and we'd be hitting up some of the more interesting rally terrain in the Northeast with BIG crowds attending all the Quebec located events.

Let me know if you have any questions or were considering coming on board for the adventure as a copilot, crew, transportation support, or just fan who wants to hang out drink beer and watch rally!!

Empire State Performance Rally, Rocky Hill, NY  April 20-21
Rally Saguenay, Saguenay, Quebec  June 16th
Rally Lac Aux Sables, Lac Aux Sables, Quebec, August 10th
Black River Stages, Harrisville, NY  September 14th
Rally Charlevoix, Clermont, Quebec  October 26th

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan,
I would have never guessed in a million years that you would be racing! Wish you had a race closer to the Berkshires. Would love to see you!

Chris