Sunday, January 15, 2012

BBR: Brief Beer Review--Peak Organic Nut Brown Ale

Was really struggling with what to drink this weekend and ended up with a six pack of this.

A mild ale this Peak Organic offering is very mildly hoppy and leaves you with only a minor aftertaste--not close to anything you would experience with an IPA or the like.

The aroma is not really noticeable out of the bottle, nor is there anything really here to distinguish it as being "organic" as compared to any other beer.  I guess you'll just have to take their word for it.

Overall its a beer...that's about all I can say for it.  Nothing really memorable in its taste.  Light bodied, it could be drunk multiple times in one sitting but not overconsumed.

My big issue here is its carbonation.  It is (at least the six pack I had) WAAAAY overcarbonated.  It refused to be poured and every sip disappeared in a foam of bubbles within my mouth making the beer more of something I inhaled rather than drank.  Not the most pleasant of experiences.

Thumbs down overall...there are better and cheaper choices.

No comments: