Friday, January 6, 2012

Ahhh...Roads, Roads, Roads and More Roads....

Things move quick sometimes don't they?

While working on one location for a RallySprint event and having two others now quite as far along I had been looking forward to a trip and information on one area when a brief conversation with the man in charge of one of the secondary locations moved things along at a rapid pace.  A very rapid pace.

Obviously nothing is set in stone but at this point NISMO Stuff Racing LLC is being invited to visit the site and review the appropriate roads for where we would like the race to be run and conduct a more in depth conversation with the controller of said facility.  This will be conducted either in a vehicle supplied by the facility or potentially at least in some part, via a vehicle brought by NISMO Stuff Racing LLC.

Since I will likely be driving my Camry to the facility that still leaves the door open for someone with perhaps some free time on their hands to accompany me, perhaps drive their vehicle on the potential roads and at the least, get out on these roads in vehicle provided by the facility and explore their potential.

During my conversation with the man in charge I was asked how much room I was looking to use for this event and when I stated 3-5 miles of roads to be traversed forward and backward I was told again, similar to my conversation with the other potential site, that this was extremely easy to accommodate and that if more road length was needed/wanted they could likely make it available.

So there it is.  And now I am in need of my first volunteer.  I need someone preferably with a rally vehicle they might be willing to run on some of these roads and who can spend a day traipsing around the woods looking at how appropriate it would be for rally vehicles.  If you have interest, please shoot me an email at: spalind@yahoo.com and let me know what weekends over the next two months you have free and we will coordinate between ourselves and with the facility to head down and conduct some "recce" as it were...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dirty Turtle?

spalind (Dan Spalinger) said...

Clean lizard?? But yes...Well played sir...well played. Will not confirm if that is the location or even one of the locations I am working on but if you want to shoot me an email and throw your hat in the ring to assist I can give you more info...

kat said...

Dan, if its in my neck of th woods let me know. You know I am willing to help. Kat