Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Karma Is A Bitch Ain't She??

Ahhh...youth...

In my sometimes unbridled agitation at stupidity I sometimes do stupid things.

One such occurrence was some five or six years ago when working at my previous employer (the loathsome Citizen's Bank owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland).  I stumbled across an article written by one Bill Conlin of the Philadelphia Daily News in which he had one of the dumbest screeds ever put to print trying to cast the Red Sox manager at the time (Terry Francona) as perhaps the worst human on the planet.  It was such a shallow attempt to get back at someone who had never given this fat slob the time of day during Terry's time as manager of the Phillies that it deserved an equally scathing response in return.  One personal hatchet job deserved another.

And so I quickly whipped off an email to Bill's Philadelphia Daily News email account pointing out all his obvious deficiencies as a human being.  Instead of engaging in a quality tit for tat argument, he went whining to my employer saying I had insulted him from my work email account.  Agreed I never should have sent it from my work email account (especially when the Philadelphia Phillies home ballpark is dubbed Citizen's Field after my very employer!!), but lesson learned and we move on--I didn't realize 60 year old men couldn't stand up for themselves and tend to go whining to the authorities whenever slighted....oh, well...

Anywho...now it's some five or six years later and what to my wondering eyes should behold!?!?  But Mr. Bill Conlin resigning today from the Philadelphia Daily News as he now stands accused of molesting multiple children over a period of years!!  Once again I feel as if my nose for scumbags of all flavors has been proven right.  I couldn't stand the toad from the moment the camera had to pan backward to fit his corpulent frame on the screen of ESPN's SportsReporters and I now feel fully vindicated.  I hope he rots in hell--after having his fill of large male inmates with a penchant for fat, immobile, aged men...

Bill Conlin resigns in disgrace...

No comments: