Thursday, December 22, 2011

2012 Should Be A Great Year For Movies

And no, I don't mean because the new Batman will be coming out.  Honestly I can't stand the new Batman movies.  Bale is a one dimensional, growling sourpuss while not much of it makes any sense and all the "Bat"-contraptions look like they were made by a two year old with some Lagos and an erector set--and then people call it a great work.  Heath Ledger in the 2nd of the new Batman films was excellent but the rest of the series I can do without and have no intention of seeing the third installment this summer...

But I digress...

What I am truly looking forward to is the return of my favorite director to Sci-Fi as Ridley Scott's Prometheus is due this summer.  It should be truly scary, well thought out and well put together as Scott's films usually are.  I'll see this 100 times before I watch another overrated Chris Nolan film...


And a second film I am looking forward to is first of the two Hobbit films.  I'm glad they've broken The Hobbit up into two films so that elements such as the troll encounter and Beorn do not have to be eliminated.  Peter Jackson once again stays about as faithful to the material as one could expect.  This one comes out towards the end of the year...

No comments: