Sunday, November 7, 2010

Stripping...


Well, the interior of my truck at least...

95% complete now I have only the airbags (passenger dash and steering wheel) left to tackle before the truck is ready to be dropped off for its cage.  In truth this has been the one part of the process thus far that has gone off without a hitch, easier than expected and in less time that I anticipated.  Beyond a Phillips and Flathead screwdriver and a handful of sockets the only "specialty" tool that was required was a window crank removal tool that cost $6 and facilitated the removal of a little C-clip on each crank to allow the door paneling to come off.  Otherwise the gutting of the vehicle has been a breeze.

I still have the two airbags to do so problems could certainly arise but I feel good thus far.  Lastly, I have to say I get a little perverse pleasure in seeing the giant pile of parts that have been removed from the truck.  Watching the pile grow bit by bit as newly removed parts were tossed onto it made me smile over and over again...

No comments: