Friday, August 2, 2013

Honda CB500F Review

I seem to be getting more and more interested in motorcycles.  Not pure street bikes necessarily, I don't want a crotch rocket but something of the two wheeled variety would be nice.  So I head over to the Ride Apart website frequently to see what new and interesting bikes they are reviewing as their writing and West Coast location for testing fits my interests to a T.

Here was an interesting one I ran across today that looks great for an entry level road bike for me.  The Honda CB500F.  For about $5500 this bike looks and sounds like a ton of fun for someone like me and without the poser day-glo paint or graphics and with a more upright stance.  It actually looks like an adult's motorcycle and not something you frequently see slid underneath a SUV with a local ambulance parked nearby.  One item I did not see covered in the article however was whether or not the $500 upgrade to ABS brakes is worth it.  I'm familiar with ABS in my cars and I hate it but I assume its a far different scenario on a bike and would be curious as to the difference.

That being said, if I was in the market for a road only bike right now, I would definitely be looking at one of these given my lack of experience and tastes.

Ride Apart Honda CB500F Review...

No comments: