Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Where I've Been: Acadia National Park

Took a few days of vacation here to enjoy myself and my family.

Acadia National Park is one of my favorite "local" places to go.  Just far enough away (some 5 hours) to feel like I'm really away but yet still easily reachable in a single morning or afternoon.

Bar Harbor is a great town with some great food and drinking establishments and is just teetering on the kitsch scale and not yet giving me the feeling of being completely sold out.

Outside Bar Harbor, Acadia is a wonderful park.  I only wish I had more time and ability to explore it.  I cannot rock climb on my own, nor push my six year old into more adventurous hiking options--yet.  The contrast of the rocky cliffs diving into the cold Atlantic is incredible and the wildlife abundant.  We did get in some family kayaking and minor hiking on this trip and my son continues to be a great camper.  All in all a great time.




 

 

No comments: