Thursday, February 21, 2013

Jay Leno's Garage: 1971 Datsun 510

I don't always follow Jay Leno's ongoing series but when he covers a Nissan/Datsun I definately take a peek.  Here he mentions Bob Sharp Racing with whom I did an interview with for Nissan Sport Magazine last Summer as well as goes into detail on all aspects of the car.

This is a really well done look at the 510 and I love the spatter paint on the inside of the engine bay.  My engine bay in the rally truck is painted no different than the outside of the truck which makes for easy rust spotting and chipping.

This car appears to be a solid racer as well with full rollcage and fuel cell.  A lot of the car has been converted to 280ZX parts so its not an original car but given that it started out as an empty shell this is excellent.  Enjoy!!

No comments: