Sunday, July 25, 2010
Baja Karelia (May, 21. - 23.)
Organizers prepared just one special stage which was run four times. It wasn’t easy as tracks were narrow with many stones and dust didn’t make it easier. Mironenko was the first on track and also the first to change the punctured tyre. Zheludov had an advantage because he already knew Karelia’s tracks from rally. But Gadasin was faster and therefore first after Saturday. Mironenko returned to top 3 overtaking Ilya Kuznetsov.
Before the Sunday’s stage rain soaked the terrain but without consequences for competitors. Zheludov tried to defeat Gadasin but failed to reach his goal. Gadasin maintained the lead and won his first race on home soil this year. Mironenko finished third. Kuznetsov started the last special with 11 second advantage on Bogdan Novitskiy but finished with 45 second loss. Sixth overall was Alexander Olejnikov winner of T2 class. He was chased by a bunch of Land Cruisers they just haven’t found the way how to catch him.
1. Boris Gadasin / Vladimir Demyanenko G-Force Proto 3:39:06
2. Alexander Zheludov / Andrey Rudnickiy Mitsubishi L200 + 01:46
3. Alexander Mironenko / Sergey Lebedev Nissan Frontier + 10:37
4. Bogdan Novickiy / Vitali Yevtekhov G-Force Proto + 18:00
5. Ilya Kuznetsov / Andrej Neshin Mitsubishi L200 + 18:45
6. Alexander Oleynikov / Alexej Kuzmich Nissan Patrol + 28:46