Monday, November 17, 2008

Tanner Foust takes 3rd...



at the first ever Red Bull Drifting World Championship. I'll be the first to admit, I've never understood the whole drifting thing...Are you supposed to go fast?? Are you supposed to spin the car and make lots of smoke? Is one more important than the other? And throw in the fact that "judges" make the determination in scoring and who comes out the winner...I just can't get into it...Gimme a race, head to head, first to cross the finish line wins...I don't want "style" points in my motorsports....But hey, thats just me...
That aside...Tanner Foust (host of the new US version of Top Gear to be seen on NBC in the near future) did come in third place in his Nissan 350Z, there were a number of other 350Z's in the competition (including a convertible!!) and these drivers do exhibit amazing car control. Check out the results and hi-rez pics here: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/17/rhys-millen-victorious-at-inaugural-red-bull-drifting-world-cham/

No comments: