Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Infiniti QX56 (QX80) and Nissan Patrol Get Minor Updates

 I have to say I like Infiniti's old vehicle naming convention a lot better than its new one.  With the 25, 35, 37, 56, etc. nomenclature I immediately knew what powerplant was under the hood.  Now that they have gone to the 50, 60, 80 and M (? why?) designations, it tells me little about the actual internals of the vehicle.  I suppose I may grow used to it...but not yet.

That said, the Infiniti QX80 (formerly the QX56), still with the VK56 engine found in the Titan receives some minor updates for '14.  As this vehicle is highly similar to the overseas Nissan Patrol--though more upscale and with some lighter, less durable suspension components, the changes are exhibited there as well.  Visible are the new LED headlights and updated bumper/grille.  There are a host of new internal options (steering wheel, seat cover options) and a new "black" package that is seen below with the matte grille.

All in all, very minor updates and nothing mechanical.  At least the Arabs will be happy to have some new options!

No comments: