Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Frontier Eating a BMW...

or so it was described by the individual who brought this video to my attention. I had always hoped that this moment of the Sandblast 2012 Rally had made film and I'd get to see it but it took till now for me to find it.  This corner had some especially deep sand as you can tell by the other vehicles bogging down in trying to negotiate this turn.  The Frontier and its 2WD had little issues in making it and was able to stay nip and tuck with the BMW just in front of me for the remainder of the stage this was filmed on.

Around the 9:45 mark of the video comes the BMW followed closely by the NISMO Stuff Racing Frontier.  You can get a good idea of the deep sand and overall conditions of this race from this video as well.  I only wish I could have passed the BMW in front of the camera...I was trying...just couldn't quite get there...

No comments: